My last post was January and all about the post-holiday blahs. It's now March...I can safely say I'm out of the January blahs and just getting over the Daylight Saving shock...but that's another blog post. We've been busy behind the scenes here at Hair Fairy. Our outreach to retailers has gotten a lot of momentum and Hair Fairy is now in 6 stores in 4 states - yay! See the stores here.
As we've interacted with store owners, we've gotten questions around wanting the "research" on the benefits of sleeping on satin. Of course we knew about less tangles and bedhead at night and we knew a little bit about the benefits for skin. But once we dove deep into what experts have to say, we were surprised (and delighted!) to read about all of the benefits we didn't know.
So to save you hours of online research, I've put together this handy list of the Top 10 Benefits of Sleeping on a Satin Pillowcase.
- Prevents night tangles, frizzy hair and bed head
- Easier brushing and styling in the morning
- Maintains natural hair moisture
- Prevents hair damage and hair loss
- Prolongs salon blow-outs and hair styling
- Maintains body temperature – stays cooler in warmer months and warmer in cooler months.
- Prevents perspiration at night – the lower thread count allows for more air circulation
- Protects eye lashes and eye lash extensions by lessening the drag and potential snagging on regular pillowcases
- Prevents sleep lines and wrinkles and helps to maintain a healthy complexion
- The American Cancer Society recommends a satin pillowcase for chemotherapy symptom relief. Patients receiving chemotherapy can slow hair loss and sooth dry and tender scalps by sleeping on satin.
It's safe to say anyone with a head (and that's most of us!) could use a Hair Fairy pillowcase. In case you're still wanting more, you can read testimonials from happy Hair Fairy customers here.